A Message from the Principal:
Yes, Welcome Fall and Good bye Summer! Summer might be over but it is now time to look forward to a new School Year. We would like to let all of our campers know that they will be missed and we are already looking forward to see them next summer camp!
We would like to welcome our former families and new families and children. We are gearing up to a great start full of learning opportunities, especial events and great adventures of endless possibilities.
Here are a few tips for your first day of school:
- New Access Code is available at the front desk.
- If you are a new family and does not have the access code to enter the building, please ring the doorbell located on the left side of the door.
- For new families, you can set up your PIN numbers to clock in/out your children.
- Please SIGN IN/OUT when you are with your child/ren the iPAD is located in the entrance. Children must be escorted by their parents at all times.
- School-Age families – Please call or email us if your child/ren are not going to be here for Before or After Care. If we don’t see your child during pick up time we will call you.
- Please download the App Links2Home to have access to our Parent Communication tool, most known as Tadpoles.
- Look for our Enrichment Specialty Programs in our monthly calendar; we have more information placed in the hall.
- Please stop by the office to bring any missing documents and/or to update your child’s file. Thank you very much.
- For more information please visit our website at https: www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com
Friendly reminder: We always look forward to a great fall season. It is important to ensure that students are safe. Please make sure your child wears closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals, crocs, or flipflops) as students can easily trip or scratch their feet and get tow nail injuries in these types of shoes. Please also make sure that your child has appropriate clothing for the weather.
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT place any sunscreen, lotion, chap-stick, or other sunblock/medication in your child’s cubby. Licensing requires us to keep medications locked at all times. Please complete an authorization form if medicine needs to be provided to your child (including over the counter medicine). Medication needs to be clearly labeled in its original package with the child’s full name, and instructions, if over-the-counter, we will still need your physician to acknowledge the medication authorization form. We will not give medicine to your child if we do not have the doctors approval.
Please visit our Monthly Calendar for any updates and/or special reminders.
As always, thank you for partnering with us for the academic growth and overall success of your child. It is our goal that they do their very best each and every day.
Milagros Morales, Principal
Brittany Fiorentino, Assistant Principal
Kristi Stull, Administrative Assistant
From our Education Department:
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs:
Open Enrollments for Ongoing Enrichment Programs:
- Ancillary Programs 2019-2020 Schedule
- For more information regarding our Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs, please visit our monthly calendar.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children when dropping them off and picking them up. You must sign your children while with them. When you come in in the morning and on your way out after you have pick them up from their classrooms.
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to our annual school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, Ms. Brittany at Brittany.Firoentino@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number. You can always access your ALMA Parent Portal to download all statement documents.
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/
- Call the school and listen to the voicemail – 301-530-6999
- Check your email for direct updates
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
Tuition Reminders Please remember that the tuition is due the 5th of every month . Tuition which is not received by the 5th automatically have a $50 late charge applied. Auto Payment Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Auto Payment: Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Credit Card Payment: Yes, it is now available! We are excited to announce that we are now able to accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as additional payment options. Please access our ALMA Parent Portal to set up your account.
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.
Referral Program How easy is it to receive a free weeks tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a free week!