A Note From Our Principal
The year is off to a great start and we’re enjoying spending the winter season with you and your children. If you’ve not already done so, please send in an extra set of weather appropriate clothes for your child. We want everyone to be able to participate in the fun outdoor activities we have planned. As always, it is an honor to work with and watch your children grow. Thank you for choosing our preschool for your family.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
Important Dates To Remember
Monday, January 17th – BCDS Closed in observance of MLK Jr.
- Monday, February 14th – Happy Valentine’s Day
- Monday, February 21st – CLOSED in observance of President’s Day
- February 25th – End of Month Folders go home
- Spring Camp 2022 – BCDS – Spring Break Registration Form 2022
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Black History Month
February is Black History Month. It is a time to honor the culture, accomplishments, and important contributions of African Americans. We’ll be celebrating in the classroom by reading books, making arts and crafts, and continuing our discussion on acceptance and belonging.
Valentine’s Day Celebration
We will be celebrating Valentine’s Day in our classrooms. Children are invited to bring in valentines to share with their classmates. We will have a special Valentine’s Day snack and participate in Valentine-themed activities throughout the day. Teachers will be sending information regarding the celebration.
As a reminder, priority re-enrollment for next school year is ending soon. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- 75% off registration fee if registered and paid by 2/19/22
- 50% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/4/22
- 25% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/18/22
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a free week of tuition. Ask us for details!
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Winter Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.