A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal (Header 2)
February was a great month at our school! We got to celebrate the month of friendship and love by exchanging special notes and giving yummy treats; children had a blast! Our Kindergarten went on a field trip to “The Little Towns” where they enjoyed a variety of living areas their own size! How cool is that? And to close this amazing month, we celebrated our teachers with super cool Pete The Cat T-Shirts and a Gift Certificate. In anticipation of spring, our teachers are busy planning meaningful learning activities that will help students gain an appreciation for the changing seasons.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
Important Dates To Remember
- First Week of March – Dr. Seuss – Week
- Dr. Seuss – Reading Log
- Monday, February 28th – “One Fish, Two Fish”
- … wear something red of blue!
- Tuesday, March 1st – “The Cat in The Hat”
- … wear stripes and/or your favorite hat!
- Wednesday, March 2st – “Wacky Wednesday”
- … get wacky! Wear your clothes backwards, inside out, or mismatched!
- Thursday, March 3rd – “Green Eggs and Ham”
- … wear something GREEN!
- Friday, March 4th – “The Lorax”
- … wear a silly mustache!
- Wednesday, March 2nd – Read Across America Day
- Sunday, March 13th – Daylight Savings Time begins
- March 14th thru March 18th – “Light The Night”
- Silent Auction March 14th – 18th
- “Light The Night” walk, March 25th
- Saturday, March 19th – Open House
- Saturday, March 19th – Kindergarten Orientation (KO)
- Please click on the link below to sign up for our KO
- End of March – End of Month Folders go home
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- Spring Camp 2022 – BCDS – Spring Break Registration Form 2022
- Friday, June 17th – BCDS Closed
- Monday, June 20th – First Day of Summer Camp!
- PRESCHOOL – Summer Camp SUMMER BROCHURE – Preschool 2022
- SCHOOL-AGE – Summer Camp Brochure – https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/programs/summer-camp/
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
National Reading Month
March is National Reading Month. We will celebrate a whole week to “Read Across America” and to Dr. Seuss! Each day we will have a special dress up activity, and in addition we will have a Reading Log available to all of our students and families. This Reading Log has 38 hats to color each time we read a book… lets see how many books our whole school will read in one week!
Our enrolled parent survey launches March 16th. The survey provides the opportunity for you to give us feedback anonymously on our strengths and areas we can work on. Please keep an eye out!
As a reminder, priority re-enrollment for next school year is ending soon. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- 50% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/4/22
- 25% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/18/22
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a free week of tuition. Ask us for details!
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Winter Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.