A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information.
- Winter Break and Spring Break – School hours may vary – Registration Available for ALL programs.
- 2022-2023 – BCDS School Year Calendar
Important Dates To Remember
- Wednesday, November 16th- Friday, November 16th: Little Caesars Fundraiser
- Monday, November 28th- Friday, December 11th: Toys for Tots
- Monday, December 12th- Cody and BJ Holiday Show
- Tuesday, December 13th- Joy of Dance Parent Watch Day
- Sunday, December 18th- Monday, December 26th: Hanukkah
- Wednesday, December 21st: Winter Solstice
- Friday, December 23rd: BCDS Hours 8am-12pm
- Sunday, December 25th: Merry Christmas
- Monday, December 26th: BCDS CLOSED
- Monday, December 26th- Monday, January 1st: Kwanzaa
- Tuesday, December 27th: BCDS Hours 8am-5pm
- Thursday, December 29th: BCDS Hours 8am-5pm
- Friday, December 30th: BCDS Hours 8am-3pm
- Saturday, December 31st: New Years Eve
- Friday, December 23rd- Friday, December 30th: Winter Camp
- Monday, January 2nd: BCDS CLOSED, Happy New Year!
- 2022-23 – Enrichment Programs
- To register in any of our Enrichment Programs: Zany Brainy Science, Amazing Athletes, Young Chef’s, Ballet, Kyle’s Karate, Tennis, and/or Soccer, please visit our monthly calendar and download the registration forms: BCDS Monthly Calendar
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Holiday GivingOur annual holiday giving initiative is a way for students to spread cheer this holiday season while developing an appreciation for what they have, showing gratitude towards others, and seeing the positive impact of their actions. This year, we are collecting items for Toys for Tots. Thank you for your generosity in helping others in need.
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a tuition discount. Ask us for details! PS Parent Referral Flyer 2020 and PS Parent Referral Fillable Form 2020
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Please make sure to refresh the spare clothing in your child’s cubby. Take home anything that no longer fits and leave a spare set of well-fitting, weather-appropriate clothes.
Links 2 Home
We know that summer is a busy time for our families. We want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows you to communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read school notes in detail. We encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for ALMA. Please let us know if you have any issues.
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school.
Updating your information in ALMA
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.