A Message from the Principal:
“I wiggle my left hand, I wiggle my right,
Inside of my mittens. So warm and so tight!
I wiggle my pinkie, I wiggle my thumb,
So when I make snowballs, My hands won’t get numb.
by Kelly Conner
We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with loved ones and we enjoyed celebrating with you all last month. As the winter holidays approach we have many special events planned for our students and families and look forward to spending time with you all. We’ve also enclosed important winter and holiday procedure reminders in this newsletter. Please read through it carefully and reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
DECEMBER is here! And with it, a parade of Holiday celebrations are coming our way. This is the time of the year to be joyful, thankful and to count all the blessings we have in our lives. We would like to Thank YOU for all your support throughout this year and for extending a hand to help our community, and for partnering with us for the academic growth and overall success of your child.
We wish everybody a safe and enjoyable time with your family and friends during this special time of the year. Happy Holidays!
Milagros Morales, Principal
- Holiday Schedule and Winter Camp
- Monday, December 23rd – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 24th – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 25th – BCDS CLOSED in observance of “Christmas Day”
- Thursday, December 26th – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 27th – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 30th – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 31st – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 1st – BCDS CLOSED in observance of “New Years”
- Thursday, January 2nd – Regular hours, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 3rd – Regular hours, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
From our Educational Department
- Mondays – Basketball and Tennis
- Tuesdays – Joy of Dance and Young Chefs
- Wednesdays – Amazing Athletes
- Thursdays – Shinning Kids Yoga
- Fridays – Soccer Shots and Zany Brainy Science
For more information please visit our monthly calendar.
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs:
Open Enrollments for Ongoing Enrichment Programs:
- Ancillary Programs 2019-2020 Schedule
- For more information regarding our Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs, please visit our monthly calendar.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children when dropping them off and picking them up. You must sign your children while with them. When you come in in the morning and on your way out after you have pick them up from their classrooms.
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to our annual school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, Ms. Brittany at Brittany.Firoentino@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number. You can always access your ALMA Parent Portal to download all statement documents.
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/
- Call the school and listen to the voicemail – 301-530-6999
- Check your email for direct updates
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
Illness Policy Reminder:
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 3-5 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.!
Tuition Reminders Please remember that the tuition is due the 5th of every month . Tuition which is not received by the 5th automatically have a $50 late charge applied. Auto Payment Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Auto Payment: Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Credit Card Payment: Yes, it is now available! We are excited to announce that we are now able to accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as additional payment options. Please access our ALMA Parent Portal to set up your account.
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.
Referral Program How easy is it to receive a free weeks tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a free week!