A Message from the Principal:
Summer program registration starts with Early Birds from March 9th!
Time is flying and summer will be here in no time… don’t let your child miss the opportunity to “Connect” with his old and new friends in an adventure of fun. Reserve your child’s spot NOW… We look forward for a Great Summer!
Milagros Morales, Principal
From our Educational Department
- March 8th – Daylight Saving Time Begins!
- March 9th – 21st – EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
- March 9th – 27st – Pennies for Patients – Fundraising Program
- March 21st – BCDS OPEN HOUSE – 10:00am – 1:00pm
- March 27th – MCPS – Early Release Day – drop-in available for School-Age students
- Week of March 30th – “Scholastic Book Fair”
- Other important dates to remember
- Friday, May 8th – “Muffins with Moms” & “Mommy and Me Painting“
- Friday, May 22nd – “International Pot Luck” at 6:30pm
- Monday, May 25th – BCDS CLOSED in observance of “Memorial Day”
- SPRING BREAK – April 6th – 13th – BCDS HOURS 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, June 3rd – “Kindergarten Graduation” at 10:30am
- Thursday, June 11th – “Father’s Day Bash!” – and Last Day of School
- Monday, June 15th – SUMMER CAMP STARTS!
BCDS = Bethesda County Day School
MCSP = Montgomery County Schools
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs
Open Enrollments for Ongoing Enrichment Programs:
- Mondays – Kyle’s Karate and Tennis
- Tuesdays – Joy of Dance and Young Chefs
- Wednesdays – Amazing Athletes
- Thursdays – Books Alive and Basketball
- Fridays – Soccer Shots and Zany Brainy Science
- Enrichment 2019-20 SCHEDULE
For more information regarding our Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs, please visit our monthly calendar.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children when dropping them off and picking them up. You must sign your children while with them. When you come in in the morning and on your way out after you have pick them up from their classrooms.
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to our annual school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, Ms. Brittany at Brittany.Firoentino@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number. You can always access your ALMA Parent Portal to download all statement documents.
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/ look for the red bar message at the top of the page.
- Call the school, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building – 301-530-6999.
- Check your email and cellphone for direct updates.
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
Illness Policy Reminder:
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 3-5 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.!
Tuition Reminders Please remember that the tuition is due the 5th of every month . Tuition which is not received by the 5th automatically have a $50 late charge applied. Auto Payment Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Auto Payment: Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Credit Card Payment: Yes, it is now available! We are excited to announce that we are now able to accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover as additional payment options. Please access our ALMA Parent Portal to set up your account.
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.
Referral Program How easy is it to receive a free weeks tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a free week!