A Note From Our Principal
We are pleased to announce that we will be reopening our school on Wednesday, June 24, 2020. We have missed you and the children greatly over the last few weeks, and we know that many of you have faced challenges providing care and education for your children as you work and manage other obligations.
In order to welcome you back safely, we are implementing the additional health and sanitation procedures detailed
below. We recognize that these procedures will take some getting used to for the children and will add time to our
routines, but we promise to help students adjust and continue to make school a fun and engaging experience. We will
also continue to offer distance learning should that be a better option for your family.
Additional Procedures for COVID-19 Mitigation
▪ Our cleaning service will conduct another deep cleaning of the school prior to reopening.
▪ No adults other than staff will be allowed in the building.
▪ Group sizes will be limited to 15 people per MD Licensing, which includes the teachers.
▪ Hours of operation will be 7:30 am – 5:30 pm.
▪ Before Care – 7:30 am – 8:30am.
▪ Full Day – 8:30am – 3:00 pm.
▪ After Care – 3:00pm – 5:30pm.
▪ Pick up & drop off changes:
‒ Pick up and drop off will take place at the front door. Normal drop off hours will be 7:30 – 8:30 am and pick up
hours 3:00 – 5:30 pm. If you need to drop off or pick up outside of these hours, please call the school before
coming and we will help you.
‒ We will check temperatures and complete a quick health assessment questionnaire for all staff and children
every day upon entry to ensure everyone is healthy. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees and/or
exhibiting other signs of illness will not be allowed to attend. If your child is sick/has signs of illness, please
keep your child home and notify the school as soon as possible.
‒ Staff will check children in and out on the iPad as they enter and exit the building.
‒ Upon entering the school, all staff and children must use hand sanitizer and/or soap and water then a staff member will escort the children to their classrooms.
▪ Facial coverings must be worn by all staff and is highly recommended for children younger than 5 and mandatory for children 5 and older.
‒ Parents must provide one or two facial covering for their child. Please write your child’s name on their
‒ Children will not have to wear their mask during meal time, nap time, or outdoor play. Social distancing will be
practiced during these times.
‒ CDC guidelines advise the use of a simple cloth face-covering made from common household items.
▪ Lunches must be provided by parents. Please be mindful that our school is NUT-FREE. Please do not send in
peanut butter or any nut products. Please also send foods that do not need to be heated.
▪ Sippy cups/water bottles may NOT be brought from home. We will provide one-time use cups for the children.
▪ At naptime, cots will be carefully spaced across the classroom to ensure social distancing.
▪ Each child’s bedding will be stored separately in plastic bags and will continue to be sent home weekly.
▪ Staff will wear disposable gloves for serving food, changing diapers, wiping noses, taking temperatures, and helping
children wash hands.
▪ Playgrounds will be sanitized after every use and will only be used by one classroom at a time.
▪ If a child becomes ill during the school day they will stay in a designated separate area while waiting for pickup. This area will be thoroughly disinfected after use.
▪ We will continue daily sanitation of all toys/classroom materials and high-touch surfaces. We will not be using
dramatic play clothing.
▪ If there should be a confirmed case of COVID-19 within our school community, we will consult with local health and licensing authorities, close for a five-day period per CDC guidance, and inform parents and staff immediately. During such a five-day closure related to COVID-19, we will offer distance learning for Beginners and above, and tuition will continue at the standard rates.
We are so very grateful for your support and patience as we put these procedures in place. We will be overjoyed to see you back and will ensure that we help the children adjust and have a smooth transition back to school. As always, please reach out with any questions.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
New School Hours – 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- 7:30am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 5:30pm – After Care
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school.
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
August 27th — End of Summer Celebrations
August 28th — BCDS Closed for Scheduled “Meet & Greet” teachers/students
August 31st — First Day of School
September 7th—CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY
From Our Education Department