A Note From Our Principal
We hope your children enjoyed their fall lessons, pumpkin themed activities and classroom celebrations last month. Seeing our students enjoy their Halloween costumes and fall attire is one of the highlights of the year for us. Thank you for allowing us to be part of these special occasions! This month we are focusing on gratitude and connecting with others. We have many special activities planned for our students and are looking forward to sharing photos with you all on Links 2 Home. As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
Important Dates To Remember
- Wednesday, November 3rd , 4th and 5th
- Week of November 8th through November 19th – Manna Food Fundraising
- Thursday, November 11th – BCDS CLOSED in observance of Veteran’s Day. Professional Development Day for BCDS Staff
- Week of November 22nd – Mon/Tue/Wed – MCPS Half Day – Drop-in available for School-Age Students
- Wednesday, November 24th – Thanksgiving Luncheon @12:00pm
- Thursday, November 25th – BCDS CLOSED in observance of Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 26th – BCDS CLOSED
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
Giving Back To Our Community
As part of the BCDS Giving Back Campaign, we are holding our annual Manna Food Drive from Monday Nov. 8th through Friday, Nov. 19th. Manna Food strives to eliminate hunger through food distribution, education, and advocacy. We are asking our families to help by bringing items for our Manna Food Drive Collection. We will have large collection boxes located in the hallway starting on Monday, Nov 8th. Please have your child bring items to be placed in the boxes. We love this cause as it teaches our little ones the importance of giving to others and the value of compassion. Please click here for more information as well as the most needed Food List. We appreciate your support with this cause.
Our classrooms will be celebrating Halloween by doing crafts, playing outdoor games with their classmates, and wearing their costumes in our annual parade, Friday, October 29th. Stay tuned for more information.
Parent Survey Reminder
Our enrolled parent survey launched in October. If you have not received the email, please let us know so we can request it be resent. The survey provides the opportunity for you to give us feedback anonymously on our strengths and areas we can work on. Survey closes November 19.
Our school does not follow the local elementary school schedule as we are open more days per year. For the 2021-2020 school year the days we are closed are (with the exception of any inclement weather):
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr., President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day
- We are also closed: Friday before Summer Camp starts and Friday before School Year starts
- Limited hours Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve
- Winter and Spring Break – 8:00am – 5:00pm (School Open for an extra fee)
- Summer Camp – Starts Monday, June 20, 2022 – Ends Thursday, August 25, 2022
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
If you’ve not already done so, please check with your child’s teacher to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day dressed appropriately to play outside during our outdoor play. We want everyone to have a great time!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in ALMA Parent Portal
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Tuition is due every First of the Month. You can sign up in our automatic payment through our ALMA Parent Portal. If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.