A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal
Happy April! Now that spring has arrived, we’re looking forward to spending even more time exploring the outdoors. Taking advantage of the beautiful weather helps children learn and grow as they discover new things in their environment. Our teachers are planning outdoor games, lessons and picnics to celebrate spring. We can’t wait to share these activities with your child.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
Important Dates To Remember
- Week of The Young Child 2022 WOYC Daily Articles
- Monday, April 4th – “Music Monday”
- Tuesday, April 5th – “Tasty Tuesday”
- Wednesday, April 6th – “Work Together Wednesday”
- Thursday, April 7th – “Artsy Thursday”
- Friday, April 8th – “Family Friday”
- April 5th – 7th – LifeTouch Pictures
- Tuesday, April 5th – Rooms: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Wednesday, April 6th – Rooms: 5, 6, 9, 10
- Thursday, April 7th – Rooms: 8, 11, 12
- Thursday, April 11th – FREE Virtual Parent Workshop: Potty Training @1:00pm
- SPRING BREAK CAMP – All Programs
- April 11th through April 18th
- BCDS – Spring Break Form 2022
- Friday, April 22nd – “EARTH DAY” Celebration
- “Lady Bugs Release!”
- End of April – End of Month Folders go home
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- Thursday, June 16th – Last Day of BCDS 2021-2022 School Year
- Friday, June 17th – BCDS Closed
- Monday, June 20th – First Day of Summer Camp!
- PRESCHOOL – Summer Camp SUMMER BROCHURE – Preschool 2022
- SCHOOL-AGE – Summer Camp Brochure – https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/programs/summer-camp/
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Week of The Young Child
Week of the Young Child, April 4th-8th, is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) celebrating early learning, young children, their teachers and families. We have many fun activities planned for Music Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Work Together Wednesday, Artsy Thursday and Family Friday. We will send more information via Links 2 Home soon.
Our classes will be celebrating Earth Day by releasing ladybugs. Dress your child in black and red or anything with ladybugs on it that you may have. We can’t wait to share photos with you.
Our enrolled parent survey launches March 16th. The survey provides the opportunity for you to give us feedback anonymously on our strengths and areas we can work on. Please keep an eye out!
As a reminder, priority re-enrollment for next school year is ending soon. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- 50% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/4/22
- 25% off registration fee if registered and paid by 3/18/22
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a free week of tuition. Ask us for details!
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Winter Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.