A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal
April was a busy month! We had such a wonderful time celebrated Week of the Young Child and Earth Day! Our students learned all about the lifecycle of ladybugs and ways to keep the Earth clean and we celebrated Earth Day during our Annual Lady Bug Release Day! As we move into May, we are looking forward to celebrating our teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week and planning for a fun-filled summer.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
- Winter Break and Spring Break – School hours 8:00am – 5:00pm – Registration Available
Important Dates To Remember
- School Age Students – MCPS
- Monday, May 2nd – MCPS – CLOSED – Drop-in Available for School-Age Students
- Wednesday, May 18th – MCPS – Early Release Day – Drop-in Available for School-Age Students
- Teacher Appreciation Week Teacher Appreciation Week 2022
- Monday, May 2nd – “Thanks a Latte!”
- Tuesday, May 3rd – “Potluck”
- Wednesday, May 4th – “Keep Calm and… Teach on”
- Thursday, May 5th – “You’re Our Hero”
- Friday, May 6th – “Big Hearts Grow Little Minds”
- Friday, May 6th – Muffins for Moms! HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
- Sunday, May 8th – HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
- International Families Day – will be celebrated on Friday, May 20th
- The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year. The International Day of Families gives us the opportunity to learn more about our families. We are looking forward to seeing the beautiful outfits and traditions. More information coming soon.
- End of May – End of Month Folders go home
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- Monday, May 30th – BCDS – CLOSED in observance of Memorial Day
- Celebrations of Learning and Kindergarten Graduation will be performed the week of June 6th. Teachers will send information through our Tadpoles Parent Portal.
- Saturday, June 4th – Joy of Dance – “In The Spotlight” 2022 Spring Recital. Saturday, June 4th @1:00pm (arrive @12:45pm) Location: St. John’s Catholic School, 6420 Linway Terr., McLean, VA 22101.
- Thursday, June 16th – Last Day of BCDS 2021-2022 School Year
- Friday, June 17th – BCDS Closed
- Monday, June 20th – First Day of Summer Camp!
- PRESCHOOL – Summer Camp SUMMER BROCHURE – Preschool 2022
- SCHOOL-AGE – Summer Camp Brochure – https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/programs/summer-camp/
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Teacher Appreciation Week
Please join us in celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week from May 2nd through May 6th. Our enthusiastic and caring teachers make learning fun every day for our students. We will take car of them with yummy treats, thoughtful notes and lots of love. We will send more information via Links 2 Home soon.
In addition to the fun activities going on in our schools for Teacher Appreciation Week, we’d love if you would help us celebrate our teachers by thanking them with an online review. Keep an eye out for an email from us on how to do so!
Celebration of Learning
We will celebrate the accomplishments of our Pre-K and Kindergarten students from June 14th through June 17th. Your child’s teacher will be sending more information home soon.
Our enrolled parent survey launches March 16th. The survey provides the opportunity for you to give us feedback anonymously on our strengths and areas we can work on. Please keep an eye out!
Enrollments for Summer and Fall 2022-2023 School Year
Summer and 2022-2023 is now open. For more information, please visit our school website or call us at 301-530-6999 x2.
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a free week of tuition. Ask us for details!
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Spring Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed accordingly to the weather to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.