A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal
Our teachers and camp counselors have been busy planning to make this summer fun and memorable for our students. Keep an eye out for communications about upcoming events and activities. As always, we are here with any questions or concerns you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us..
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
- Winter Break and Spring Break – School hours 8:00am – 5:00pm – Registration Available
Important Dates To Remember
- International Families Day – will be celebrated on Friday, June 3rd, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year. The International Day of Families gives us the opportunity to learn more about our families. We are looking forward to seeing the beautiful outfits and traditions. More information coming soon.
- End of May – End of Month Folders go home
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, June 15th – Donuts for Dads! “Happy Father’s Day!”
- Monday, May 30th – BCDS – CLOSED in observance of Memorial Day
- Saturday, June 4th – Joy of Dance – “In The Spotlight” 2022 Spring Recital. Saturday, June 4th @1:00pm (arrive @12:45pm) Location: St. John’s Catholic School, 6420 Linway Terr., McLean, VA 22101.
- Celebrations of Learning and Kindergarten Graduation will be performed the week of June 6th. Teachers will send information through our Tadpoles Parent Portal.
- Thursday, June 16th – Last Day of BCDS 2021-2022 School Year
- Friday, June 17th – BCDS Closed
- Monday, June 20th – First Day of Summer Camp!
- PRESCHOOL – Summer Camp SUMMER BROCHURE – Preschool 2022
- SCHOOL-AGE – Summer Camp Brochure – https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/programs/summer-camp/
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Graduations and Celebration of Learning
We will celebrate the accomplishments of our Pre-K and Kindergarten students from June 6th through June 16th. Your child’s teacher have sent the information through our Tadpoles “Home 2 School” App.
Enrollments for Summer and Fall 2022-2023 School Year
Summer and 2022-2023 is now open. For more information, please visit our school website or call us at 301-530-6999 x2.
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a free week of tuition. Ask us for details!
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Please make sure to refresh the spare clothing in your child’s cubby. Take home anything that no longer fits and leave a spare set of well-fitting, weather-appropriate clothes.
Links 2 Home
We know that summer is a busy time for our families. We want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows you to communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read school notes in detail. We encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for ALMA. Please let us know if you have any issues.
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school.
Updating your information in ALMA
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.