A Note From Our Principal
A Note From Our Principal
We had so much fun last month engaging in fall lessons, pumpkin themed activities, and classroom celebrations. We also loved seeing so many of you at our Fall Festival! This month, we are focusing on gratitude, connecting with others, and sharing family traditions. Thank you for allowing us to teach and care for your children.
We look forward to another month full of learning, fun, and play!
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information.
- Winter Break and Spring Break – School hours may vary – Registration Available for ALL programs.
- 2022-2023 – BCDS School Year Calendar
Important Dates To Remember
- Monday, November 21st – BCDS Regular Hours. MCPS/county schools, Early Release Day
- Tuesday, November 22nd – BCDS Regular Hours. MCPS/county schools, Early Release Day
- Wednesday, November 23rd – BCDS – 7:00am – 3:00pm. MCPS/county schools, CLOSED
- Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th – BCDS CLOSED – in observance of Thanksgiving.
- 2022-23 – Enrichment Programs
- To register in any of our Enrichment Programs: Zany Brainy Science, Amazing Athletes, Young Chef’s, Ballet, Kyle’s Karate, Tennis, and/or Soccer, please visit our monthly calendar and download the registration forms: BCDS Monthly Calendar
- BCDS – Bethesda Country Day School
- MCPS – Montgomery County Public Schools
Our students will be celebrating Thanksgiving with fun classroom activities. More details to come via Links 2 Home.
Family Survey Reminder
Our enrolled family survey launched in October. If you have not received the email, please let us know so we can request it be resent. The survey provides the opportunity for you to give us feedback anonymously on our strengths and areas we can work on. Survey closes November 18.
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know a colleague who has recently had a baby, a friend in need of care who just relocated to the area, or a family member who is seeking a new preschool for their child? When you refer a friend and they enroll, you’re eligible for a tuition discount. Ask us for details! PS Parent Referral Flyer 2020 and PS Parent Referral Fillable Form 2020
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Please make sure to refresh the spare clothing in your child’s cubby. Take home anything that no longer fits and leave a spare set of well-fitting, weather-appropriate clothes.
Links 2 Home
We know that summer is a busy time for our families. We want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows you to communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read school notes in detail. We encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for ALMA. Please let us know if you have any issues.
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school.
Updating your information in ALMA
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.