A Note From Our Principal
We hope that you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving with your loved ones. As the winter holidays approach, we have many special activities planned for our students and look forward to spending the season with them. Keep an eye out for additional information sent via Links 2 Home.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Brittany, Assistant Principal
Ms. Ceci, Administrative Assistant
School Hours – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Before Care
- 8:30am – 3:00pm – Full Day
- 8:30am – 12:00pm – Half Day
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm – After Care
- Winter and Spring Break Camps – School Hours 8:00am – 5:00pm
Our school does not follow the MCPS schedule as we are open more days per year. Please see below the days we are closed:
- Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Friday before Summer Camp, Independence Day, Friday before School Year.
- NOTE: If a holiday falls on a Saturday, BCDS will be closed on Friday, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, BCDS will be closed on Monday. Please check our yearly calendar for more information. https://www.bethesdacountrydayschool.com/parents/school-year-calendar/
Important Dates To Remember
Winter Break School – December 23rd — December 30th
- Thursday, December 23rd – School hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Friday, December 24th – CLOSED in observance of Christmas Day
- Monday, December 27th – School hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Tuesday, December 28th – School hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Wednesday, December 29th – School hours, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Thursday, December 30st – School hours, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday, December 31st – Closed in observance of New Year’s Day
- Winter Camp 2021
- Enrichment 2021-22 SCHEDULE
Winter Break Camp
We will be holding Winter Break Camp from December 23rd through December 30th. If you would like to bring your child for our Winter Break Camp, please complete this form Winter Camp 2021 and bring it to the office, thank you. Students will participate in community service activities, STEAM learning opportunities, holiday themed projects and virtual activities. Students may attend all or part of Winter Break Camp, please let us know by December 17th if your child will be attending, this will help us manage staffing, thank you.
Holiday Giving Project
For our Holiday Giving Project we will be supporting Toys for Tots.
Illness Policy Reminder
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
Winter Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Links 2 Home
If you’re not currently receiving photos and daily reports for your child you can easily change this by downloading the Links 2 Home app on your phone. Just type ‘Links 2 Home’ in the search bar for the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. After downloading Links 2 Home you can register with the same email address that you used to enroll your child in our school
Updating your information in Alma
Have you changed your email address or phone number? Need to add or remove an emergency contact? You can do this at any time in Alma. If you need help logging in or accessing the system please let us know.
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. We will raffle $100.00 off your monthly installment tuition. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
If the final date of school attendance occurs in the months of April, May or June, you will be responsible for paying the entire balance of the annual tuition.